Shuffling through your closet for the perfect outfit in the morning, before an event, or before a major party can be tedious. But it is a chore only if you choose to see it as a chore. Dressing up should be fun–remember when you were 5 and all you did was play with your mom’s makeup and clothes? It can be like that again. All you gotta do is turn up the music.
Here’s our mood-boosting playlist. Happy dressing!
1. Jimmy James — Fashionista
Of course. Cheeky, over-the-top, dripping with glitter. This will make you feel like a gay teenager hiding under the sheets with his worn-out copy of Vogue.
2. Esperanza Spalding — I Can’t Help It
Loungey, easy, sparkling. This will calm your nerves down and ready you for date night.
3. Calvin Harris — This is What You Came for ft. Rihanna (Kiso Remix)
This remix will make you dress up faster.
4. Felix Jaehn — Ain’t Nobody ft. Jasmine Thompson
Bright, soft, poppy. This will make you feel pretty.
5. Charli XCX — Famous
The 90s club-kitten vibe will pump you up for a night out.
6. Five hours — Deorro
A lyricless, energetic track to wake you up. You will hum this in your head all day.
7. Carla Bruni – Quelqu’un m’a dit
Ah, the French. Carla Bruni’s smooth as butter voice will transport you to a softly-lit, dreamy Parisian mood. Perfect for dressing up for date night or a wedding.
8. Natalie Cole — This Will Be
Natalie Cole’s classic will always be an instant mood-lifter. Your day will be made of sunshine and rainbows.
10. Natasha Bedingfield — Pocketful of Sunshine
Speaking of sunshines, Natasha Bedingfield’s single is lovely.
11. M.I.A. — Double Bubble Trouble
For nights when you want to feel as pumped up and as hardcore as possible.
12. Carly Rae Jepsen — Warm Blood
Carly’s breathy, wispy voice will make you feel like every bit a girl in love. Go put that lipstick on.
13. The Ting Tings — That’s Not My Name (Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Remix)
The beat will make you wanna stomp in your 5-inch heels.
14. The Chainsmokers — Selfie
This tongue-in-cheek satire on the me-generation will make you take a selfie (while questioning yourself). Perfect for reckless nights.
15. The Chainsmokers — Roses (Lookas Remix)
Sexy, romantic, smooth.
16. Clean Bandit — Rather Be ft. Jess Glynne
Play this feel-good beat while packing up for roadtrips and beach trips.
17. Roy Orbison — Pretty Woman (DJ Kolya Funk & DJ Kolya Dark Remix)
Some old school fun for days when you’re feeling retro.
18. Uffie — Pop The Glock
Let Uffie’s coolness rub off on your outfit. For artsy, hip nights.