More than the perfected flat lays and the enviable #OOTDs, it’s the selfies of Instagram’s most followed stars that make us quickly double tap our screens. How do they do it? There’s more to it than just finding good lighting.
1. Bronzed skin calls for dainty, layered necklaces. Thin strands of gold or silver add the necessary glow on your décolletage.
TRY THIS: 2-pack Necklaces (PHP 599) H&M
2. The highlight of their barely-there look? Chiseled cheeks, no less. Keep everything else light, and let your emphasized cheekbones do the talking.
Shade + Light Contour Palette (PHP 2,812) Kat Von D Sephora PH
Silky and smooth, this contouring palette is easy to blend for natural-looking chiseled cheeks.
3. Emphasize a small part of the face to make a big statement. Known as “inner-eye strobing”, extend your highlight game (mix both cream and powder formulas) up to the inner corners of your eyes for peepers that pop.
4. Instead of a bold red shade, consider a matte, red-orange hue your new pick-me-upper. It strikes the balance between looking polished yet laid-back.
Semi-Matte Lipstick in Heat Wave (PHP 1,316*) NARS Cosmetics
This semi-matte lipstick provides a full-coverage finish in a velvety shade.
5. Searching for a day-to-night combo? Go for a sleek updo and let the focal point be a pair of shiny, hoop earrings for a minimalist way to stand out.
Hoop earrings (PHP 595) Bershka
6. Aiming for a scene-stealing selfie? Go the extra mile with your eyeliner. Keep it in thicker streaks to create a bold wing that isn’t going to get unnoticed.
7. If you’re leaning towards a no-makeup look, subtly make your eyes pop with a sweep of liner on your upper lash line.