The backpack may be trendy again but it’s always been a model favorite
OCT 9, 2015 | by Nicole Blanco Ramos, Art by Alexandra Lara
Sports and athletics were great sources of inspiration for designers at Fashion Week last year
and it appears that these themes are here to stay. In the same way sneakers made their way into designer collections, backpacks became a key accessory trend again.
When it comes to runway trends such as this one, we do enjoy (aggressively) taking note of them as much as the next fashion fan girl. However, along the way, we’ve also acquired a fondness for taking a look at what models wear off the runway.
We’re always curious to know how runway models pick up fashion pointers straight from designers and fashion houses and see how they translate them into their wardrobes. Combine that with the fact that they also learn how to adapt to all these fast-moving trends and you’ve struck gold in the style inspiration department; they know first-hand what look will effortless work, what pieces will stay and what will always look good. A common denominator we’ve observed? The backpack.
This accessory is more than a utilitarian essential; it’s bigger than prep school chic. A backpack can instantly inject a sense of fun into any outfit without necessarily screaming: “School is back in session!” It’s the most laid-back of bags and accessories. Click through our slider of model off-duty looks we love paired with the trusty, essential backpack.
CHARLES & KEITH
SM City Masinag
– Lower Ground Floor, Brgy Mayamot, Antipolo City
Ayala Center Cebu
– Ground Floor, Paseo Verde, Cebu Business Park, Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu
– Upper Ground Floor, North Wing, North Reclamation Area, Cebu
– Level 1, JP Laurel Avenue, Davao City
– Upper Ground Floor, JP Laurel Avenue, Brgy. San Antonio, Agda District, Davao City
– Upper Ground Floor, Benigno Aquino Ave, Jaro, Diversion Road, Iloilo City
– Ground Level Unit 1215 Alabang Zapote Road, Las Piñas
– Ground Floor, Glorietta 3, Ayala Center, Makati City
– Level 2, Ayala Center, Greenbelt 5, Makati City
– R2 Level, Rockwell Drive corner Estrella Street, Makati City
– Level 4 unit 4011-4012 Eastwing, Edsa Corner, Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City
– Level 3, Building A, EDSA Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City
Alabang Town Center
– Level 2, New Wing, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
– Ground Floor, 21 Reina Regente St. corner Dela Reina St., Binondo, Manila
Robinsons Place Manila
– Ground Level, Padre Faura Wing, M. Adriatico Street, Ermita, Manila
SM City San Lazaro
– Upper Ground Floor, Sta Cruz, Manila