As the clock struck midnight and 2017 came to a close, today’s brightest celebrities and influencers welcomed the new year wearing polka dots, sequins, metallics, and furs – basically, anything that is out of the ordinary. If you were on a social media break – sipping on a glass of wine while enjoying the fireworks display instead of scrolling through your feeds – not to worry. Here, we rounded up the best celebrity looks you missed this new year!
1. The best way to greet the new year? Flaunt your sexy back, according to actress Kim Chiu.
2. Maja Salvador masters the art of cozy-chic dressing in an all-green ensemble.
3. Emily Ratajkowski kept her bombshell vibe going, wearing a lace number with a plunging neckline.
4. What better way to ring in the new year than to wear Pantone’s color of the year? Learn a thing or two from Katarina Rodriguez on how to pull it off IRL: simply offset the bold shade with a neutral-colored trouser.
“I hope that you have a wonderful year, that you’ll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you’ll make something that didn’t exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and like in return. And, most importantly that you will, when you need to be, be wise and that you will always be kind.” What a sweet year you’ll be 2018. ✨
5. Keeping it classic, actress Lucy Hale celebrated NYE in a sequined mini dress and a bold red lip.
6. Heart Evangelista took the understated route — no jewellery, sequins, or big curls. Her silk dress, however, provided the necessary shine to her NYE #OOTD.
7. Meanwhile, KC Del Rosario went all out with the sparkle, pairing her champagne Boom Sason number with glittering heels.
8. Kim Kardashian only needed a fur coat to glam up her otherwise casual all-neutral look.
9. Aimee Song proved that blazers aren’t only made for boardrooms.
10. BJ Pascual rang in 2018 with a heavy dose of sparkle. To avoid looking too flashy, tone down a sequined top with jeans.
10. Celebrating the new year in Europe, Maymay Entrata stood out from a crowd of tourists with her quirky printed coat.
11. Who says adults can only play dress up every Halloween? Vanessa Hudgens partied the night away in a retro-inspired look, complete with a pair of gloves.